The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant. We will also consider new college graduates with strong internship and/or related professional experience.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to thrive with minimal supervision.
- Proofreading and editing experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- A confident, professional and approachable demeanor.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other relational database preferred.
- Previous work in a non-profit organization is a plus.
The RoleAs an Executive Assistant at OCCF, your mission will be to provide administrative support to the Vice President of Philanthropic Planning and External Relations and intermittent clerical support to the other 4 members of the department. In addition to being tasked with new business development, the team is comprised of several different functions including Marketing, Database/IT, and Gift Planning.
This is a central role within the Philanthropic Planning and External Relations department and you can expect to regularly interact with other OCCF team members ,and other stakeholders. You’ll be involved with everything from entering information into our database system and preparing / reviewing documents, to answering/screening calls and helping to plan meetings and small events. We’re looking for a professional who is ready and willing to step in wherever their help is needed and ensure our department is running smoothly and efficiently.
More specifically, your key duties will be to:
- Manage the daily schedule of VP (meetings, travel, materials).
- Schedule VP meetings and track activities (using Raiser’s Edge) that relate to donors, potential donors and professional advisors. Ensure that all follow up activities and documents completed in a timely manner and are complete, accurate and error free.
- Prepare materials for internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Research information as needed.
- Coordinate departmental activities as assigned.
- Interact with other OCCF departments and staff to ensure seamless flow of information.
- Organize and compile quarterly departmental activity reports.
- Draft letter templates and assist with mailings.
- Manage department expense reporting and budget reconciliation.
- Maintain filing systems, screen calls and take messages.
- Suggest ways to improve work process and flow of information.
- Assist with events and small group meetings.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: A participant at the 2015 iheartoc Giving Day Rally.
Why OCCFExciting Growth
2016 was a big year for us! Our total assets for the year came in at $300M, ranking us within the top 10 percent in assets among U.S. community foundations. We had $82 M in contributions and $60 M in grants and scholarships awarded. This is a great time to join OCCF and launch a long-term career.
We are proud of the unique culture we’ve cultivated here at OCCF. We value hard work but we also like to have fun! Prove yourself in the role, and you’ll enjoy perks such as a flexible schedule.
Impact and Visibility
You’ll gain valuable exposure to the departments that make up a community foundation, allowing you to expand your knowledge-base and skill set. Your efforts and activities will be noticed throughout the organization, and you’ll enjoy the ability to network and build strong relationships with key members of our community and our Board of Governors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes full medical, dental and retirement benefits.
Pictured: Accelerate Change Together Anaheim (ACT Anaheim) was launched in 2013 by Disneyland Resort, Angels Baseball and Anaheim Ducks. This powerhouse coalition asked OCCF to serve as managing partner, and by 2016 grants delivered through ACT Anaheim totaled $5 million, helping more than 8,000 Anaheim youth become college- and career-ready.
Keys to SuccessWe’re looking for a proactive and self-motivated EA who can help the VP manage the functional areas and stay on track and organized. As we’ve already mentioned, this newly-created team has ownership over several diverse areas and there’s always a lot of activity and different projects underway simultaneously. We all wear many different hats around here, and the ideal candidate for this role will be adaptable, flexible and able to shift gears quickly.
Our most successful employees embody the following characteristics and professional traits:
- The ability to take direction but also act independently
- Excellent judgment and discernment skills
- The ability to collaborate and serve as a team member to the entire foundation
- Strong business acumen and decision making skills
- Professional poise and comfort working with donors and community leaders
We’re working to build a brighter, more vibrant Orange County
It’s OCCF’s passion to help donors find theirs. Whether a donor’s philanthropic interests are close to home or a world away, OCCF helps chart a course for meaningful impact on the causes closest to our donors’ hearts. It is OCCF’s privilege to serve as an advisor, resource and guide for the donors who accomplish their giving with our help. Seeing the difference donors are making at home and abroad drives the Foundation’s passion for encouraging, supporting and facilitating philanthropy every day.
OCCF At A Glance:
- OCCF was founded in 1989 and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2015.
- Home to more than 500 charitable funds benefiting a wide range of causes, including human services, education, health and wellness, arts and the environment, community development, and scholarships.
- Works with donor advisors, private and family foundations and professional advisors to meet giving goals.
- OCCF is the 7th most active grant-maker among more than 780 U.S. community foundations.
- OCCF ranks in the top 10 percent in assets among the top 100 community foundations.
- Moss Adams LLP audits OCCF financials annually.
- Investments are managed by an Investment Committee according to guidelines set by the Board of Governors with the support of independent investment consultant Cambridge Associates.
- Recipient of a 4-star rating Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.